- Decent Work: An Alliance for the Future - South-South and Triangular Cooperation in ILO public-private partnershipspdf - 0.7 MB
The areas of cooperation included employment promotion, skills development, sustainable enterprises, HIV/ AIDS, workers’ organizations and child labour. Goal 17 of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development concerns global partnerships, including South-South Cooperation, as a key target.
Benefits of Partnering
- Access to cross-sectoral knowledge on child labour issues from other companies with experience in dealing with similar challenges;
- 20 years of experience in technical expertise, field work, and policy advice from the ILO International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, including a members-only website as a repository of publications, communities of practice, and an events board;
- Regular updates on changes to child labour legislation, including hazardous work lists sets at the country level;
- Enhanced linkages with national tripartite structures and processes to eliminate child labour. Resultantly, efforts are better linked to nationally-owned policies and programmes; and as a corollary, the sustainability of such efforts is increased;
- Access to annual high profile CLP conferences, ad hoc training workshops and meetings and webinars.