The ILO promotes decent work for all as a global goal by –
- developing and strengthening partnerships and relations with agencies of the multilateral system, the donor partner community and other external development actors
- contributing to active ILO involvement in multilateral system coordination and United Nations reform processes at all levels
- mobilizing extra-budgetary funding for technical cooperation and funds for the Regular Budget Supplementary Account (RBSA), to complement and enhance action undertaken through the regular budget to fulfil the DWA
- developing ILO technical cooperation policy and coordinating, supporting and overseeing the management of extra-budgetary technical cooperation activities
- providing full and appropriate information services on the ILO’s technical cooperation programme and its financing, and on external relations.
PARDEV works closely with the ILO Office for the United Nations in New York (ILONY), which is responsible for liaison with the multilateral system in New York.
Post-2015 development goals
As the debate on the post-Millennium Development Goals agenda gathers pace, the ILO says the most pressing priorities are job creation and social protection.
The Organization provides development cooperation to countries worldwide, with more than 600 programmes and projects currently active.
Development cooperation and transparency
The Dashboard gives financial and documentary data on ILO’s Extra-budgetary Technical Cooperation (XBTC) projects and on Regular Budget Supplementary Account (RBSA) programmes. This online portal provides both financial and documentary information on the general allocation of ILO project funds and project activities since 2005, the earliest project information available when the Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) was first implemented in the ILO. Data on RBSA programmes is available as from their inception in 2008.
This handbook demonstrates that in different religions and spiritual traditions there is great convergence of values on the subject of work.