- improve the capacity of national institutions and stakeholders to identify and respond to child labour through policy and legal formulation and the enhanced monitoring and enforcement of laws, as part of the promotion of international labour standards
- raise awareness of child labour in Viet Nam, the hazards associated with child labour and prohibitions against child labour among all levels of society
- developing intervention models aimed at preventing and withdrawing children at risk or in the worst forms of child labour in selected rural and urban areas and sectors, with a view to their replication at a greater level, including
- the prevention and reduction of child labour;
- education and training opportunities for those in or vulnerable to child labour;
- livelihood support, including increased access to relevant social services for vulnerable households.
The project will be implemented over five years in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, An Giang and other locations.