#womencandoIT Scholarship Programme
About the Scholarship
The #womencandoIT Scholarship Programme is part of the ILO Women in STEM Workforce Readiness and Development Programme in the Philippines. It seeks to provide women with critical soft and technical STEM-related skills, employability and leadership training coupled with targeted mentorship to help women gain quality employment and advancement opportunities in STEM-related jobs.
The programme consists of more than 200 scholarship slots in information technology trainings for women in animation, game development, software development, web development and impact sourcing. The scholarship is implemented in partnership with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT), with the support of JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
What are the courses available?
- 3D Animation (NCIII). This TESDA training is designed to develop and to enhance the knowledge, skills, & attitudes of a 3D Animator. Students of the training will learn how to produce key drawings for animation, create 3D digital animation and to use an authoring tool to create an interactive sequence. Successful graduates of the programme can do work on 3D digital animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages. The course runs for 1,040 hours or 6.5 months.
- 2D Animation (NCIII). Students of this TESDA training will learn how to produce key drawings for animation, produce cleaned-up and in-betweened drawings, create 2D digital animation and how to use an authoring tool to create an interactive sequence. The course runs for 840 hours or more than 5 months. Successful graduates of the programme can do work on 2D animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages.
- Game Development (NCIII). Students of this TESDA training will learn skills on designing game programme logic, applying object-oriented programming language skills and applying programming skills for in-game application. The course runs for 1200 hours or 7.5 months. Successful graduates of the programme can apply for work as Game Programmer, Technical Game Designer, Game Tester, Tools Programmer, Game Play Scripter.
- Web development (NTR) This TESDA training develops competencies that a person needs for work on basic programming, PHP, My SQL, and Java. This course runs for 120 hours or 3 weeks. Successful graduates of the programme can do work as web developers or database developers.
- Impact Sourcing. This is a month-long training offered by the DICT that combines lecture and practical exercises focusing on relevant topics on personal and professional marketing, web development, photography, content writing, search engine optimization (SEO), business blogging and cyber and data privacy laws. Successful graduates of the training can do office and web-based work on online marketing and web management.
Who can Apply
- Women between 18 to 45 years old
- At least high school graduate
- With interest and passion for technology
How to ApplyInquire at the following training centers for the Women in STEM scholarship in the following cities:
TAGUIG Human Resource Development Institute
Courses Offered: 3D Animation and Game Development
3D Animation : Interested parties must send a Letter of Intent to Train, Ten (10) Sample Drawing and an ePortfolio Link(if applicable), and Resume with Recent Picture to :
Ms Cynthia Javier Shin J
Game Development: Interested parties must send a Letter of Intent to Train and Resume with Recent Photo with Name tag to: TESDA.HRDI.GameDev@gmail.com and email@example.com
Courses Offered: 2D Animation and 3D Animation
Interested applicants may visit Bayan Academy, 2nd Floor Cinderella Building, 825 EDSA, Quezon City and bring your sample drawing. Contact Luigi Torres or Tess Buted at (02) 426-3140 for further inquiries
Top Peg Animation
Courses Offered: Animation and 2D Animation
Interested applicants may take the creative drawing exam from Mon to Sat at 1pm at Top Peg Animation Studio, #01 Jasmin Street, Manuela 1 Subdivision, Pamplona III, Las Pinas city. Send or bring resume to Rachelle at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0999 1439389 / 0927 8247223
MFI Polytechnic Institute
Course Offered: Web Development
Interested applicants may visit MFI Polytechnic, MFI Building, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig 1605 of email them at email@example.com or at trunk lines (+632) 6320756, (+632) 6320758 to 65 local 446 /283 /431 / 433
STI Sta. Rosa
Course Offered: Software Development (CLOSED)
Interested applicants may contact Ms Camille Borlongan at (02) 9200101 local 1101 or Mr Printer Magpantay at 09175225621 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Offered: Impact Sourcing
Interested applicants may contact Ms Maris Castro at (02) 9200101 local 1101 or email at email@example.com.