The United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) is an operational framework that guides UN Agencies in working towards a common vision to support socio-economic development priorities.
At the request of the Philippine Government, the UN has extended its 2005-2009 UNDAF to 2011 to align with national planning processes and be in concert with the 2011-2016 Medium-Term Philippine Development Plan (MTPDP). This extension gives UN Agencies the opportunity to seek internal alignment and allow for strategic engagement with key development partners, including the World Bank and The Asian Development Bank.
The ILO is an active member of the UNDAF Technical Working Group.
MDG-F Joint Programmes
Donors, led by the Spanish Government, extablished a Millenium Development Goals (MDG) fund Achievement to support UN Agency work towards meeting MDGs collaborated with the government to apply for funding, which was awarded to the Philippines under several windows. The ILO participates in three:
- MDG F Joint Programme on Climate Change Adaptation: Climate Resilient Farming Communities in Agusan del Norte
- MDG-Fund Joint Programme on Ensuring Food Security and Nutrition for Children 0-24 Months Old in the Philippines
- MDG Fund Joint Programme on Alternatives to Migration: Decent Jobs for Filipino Youth
The ILO collaborates with UN Agencies in promoting development in the Philippines. The office participates in theme groups and chairs two.
- Indigenous Peoples
To The ILO leads the UN Inter-Agency Technical Working Group on Indigenous Peoples (UN IATWG IP). The group supports the Philippine UN Country Team to pursue common objectives in promoting and protecting indigenous peoples’ rights, within the UN Development Framework (UNDAF), to facilitate synergy, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and sustainability. It promotes the national and international policy and human rights instruments applicable to indigenous peoples such as the Indigenous Peoples’ Rights Act (IPRA), the UN Declaration on the Rights of the IPs. (UNDRIP), and the International Labour Convention No. 169 on Indigenous and Tribal Peoples among others.
- Gender Mainstreaming Committee
The UN-GMC began as a theme group of the UN Country Team in the Philippines as a result of the first UNDAF Women Theme Group in 1998. Its major task is to facilitate the implementation of the individual UN agencies and joint UN and partner organizations’ efforts towards achieving the goals set forth in the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (UN CEDAW), the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that focus on gender equality and empowerment of poor and marginalized women.
List of closed vacancies (2015)
- Administrative Clerk (2015/13)
- National Project Coordinator (2015/12)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer (2015/11)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Officer (2015/10)
- Senior Secretary to the Director (2015/09)
- Project Officer (2015/08)
- Administrative Clerk (2015/07)
- Driver (2015/06)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer (2015/05)
- Project Manager (2015/04)
- Administrative Clerk (2015/03)
- Project Technical Officer - Engineering/Architectural (2015/02)
- Driver (2015/01)