BackgroundThe Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) for Timor-Leste 2016-2020 serves as a framework to support Government of Timor-Leste to achieve its National Strategic Development Plan (SDP) 2011-2030.
The DWCP was developed jointly by the government, employers’ and workers’ organization of Timor-Leste. The priority and outcomes expressed in the DWCP is the results of consultations and direct inputs of the Secretariat of State for Professional Training and Employment Policies (SEPFOPE), the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Timor-Leste (CCI-TL) and the Timor-Leste Trade Union Confederation (KSTL).
Agreed priorities and outcomes for the Decent Work Country Programme in Timor-Leste 2016-2020 are as follows:
- Employment Promotion and Social Protection.
- Rural Socio-economic Development.
- Good Labour Market Governance Institutions.
PurposeThe 1st DWCP Steering Committee Meeting was conducted on 5th August 2016. Member and roles of the Steering Committee have been established and agreed.
The 2nd DWCP Steering Committee Meeting was conducted on 1st December 2016.
The 3rd DWCP Steering Committee Meeting will be conducted on 18th July 2017, the purpose of this meeting is to:
- To report on activities conducted in 2016-2017;
- To review of the implementation of DWCP in year 2016-2017; and
- To plan for activities of 2nd Semester 2017.
- 2016-2017 implementation strategy evaluation; and
- 2017 (2nd Semester) DWCP implementation plan.