BackgroundThis seminar is part of the activities provided by the ACTION project / Portugal to Timor-Leste and is financed by the Ministry of Labour, Solidarity and Social Security of the Portuguese Republic.
ObjectiveACTION / Portugal, implemented by the ILO and the International Training Centre (ITC) of ILO has as main objective the strengthening of the Timor-Leste Social Protection Systems and the PALOP, within the framework of the World Programme of the ILO Social Protection and is structured around four axes of intervention related to each other:
- support national institutions in design, implementation and evaluation of social protection programs for the implementation of National Flooring Social protection;
- reinforce the capacities and competences of national institutions for the implementation of comprehensive and integrated systems of social protection through formation activities and training;
- favor of Timor-Leste access and PALOP the information, practices and didactic resources to support the process of implementation or extension of social protection available to regional and international level; and
- contribute to the exchange of knowledge on innovations and good practices adopted in the framework of the CPLP in the implementation and reinforcement of social protection floors.
The SeminarAfter a process of evaluation of human development conditions and the social protection system, and the development of preliminary recommendations for integrating the national strategy of social protection of Timor-Leste with the various institutions which have work in the area, this event marks the advancement of several elements developed with the ILO methodology called National Dialogue Based on Evaluation (DNBA), and sets out how the development of the strategy will have continuity.
The seminar was developed and organized by the technical teams of the ITC-ILO, the ILO in Geneva, Dili and Bangkok and the Social Timor-Leste Solidarity Ministry and counted on the participation of managers and technicians of the Ministries and institutions of Government, social partners and civil society representatives to ensure the participation and involvement of actors in the Timorese social protection system at all stages of the process.
In two days of work intended to achieve the following objectives:
- Analyze the results achieved by the process until the moment are adequate to achieve the stated objectives and the advancement of the social protection floor in Timor-Leste.
- Deepening the knowledge of national stakeholders regarding the implementation of the social protection floor and the different impacts that each type of reform may have, including in public finances.
- Analyze reinforcement possibilities of co-ordination and efficiency of the Timorese social protection system.
- Outline the possible priorities and ways of implementation of the national social protection strategy of Timor-Leste 2017-2030.