BackgroundThis seminar is part of the activities provided by the ACTION project / Portugal to Timor-Leste and is financed by the Ministry of Labour, Solidarity and Social Security of the Portuguese Republic.
ObjectiveACTION / Portugal, implemented by the ILO and the International Training Centre of ILO has as main objective the strengthening of the Timor-Leste Social Protection Systems and the PALOP, within the framework of the World Programme of the ILO Social Protection and is structured around four axes of intervention related to each other:
- support national institutions in design, implementation and evaluation of social protection programs for the implementation of National Flooring Social protection;
- strengthen the capacity and skills of National Institutions for the implementation of comprehensive systems and integrated social protection through training and capacity building activities;
- access support of Timor-Leste and PALOP information, practices and resources educational support to the processes of implementation or extension of protection social available at regional and international; and
- contribute to the exchange of knowledge on innovations and good practices within the CPLP in the implementation and reinforcement Floors of Social Protection.
The SeminarAfter a diagnostic process, and Lifting assistance needs technical and capacity building together of Timorese institutions responsible the social protection system, this event marks the beginning of the process of definition the National Social Protection Strategy Timor-Leste to the ILO methodology social protection called National Dialogue Rating (DNBA).
The seminar was developed and organized by the technical teams of the ITC-ILO, the ILO in Dili and Bangkok and the Ministry Social Solidarity in Timor-Leste and will feature the participation of frameworks leaders and technical of the Ministries and Government institutions, social partners and representatives of civil society to ensure the participation and involvement of actors in the system of Timorese social protection at all stages process.
In the three days of seminar are intended to be achieve the following objectives:
- Analyse the existing structure social protection, in view of the challenges for the development of the country.
- Intensify knowledge of the national composers concerning the implementation of Social Protection Floors.
- Decide the main objectives of the Strategy National Social Protection 2016-2030.
- Reflect of possible solutions that may guide the development and implementation of this strategy.