- Preventing and Combating Corruption in the Public Service
- Improving the Delivery of Public Services
- Fostering participation in public policy decision making through innovative mechanisms
- Promoting Whole-of-Government Approaches in the Information Age
- Promoting Gender-Responsive Delivery of Public Services
GE4DE has been working closely with the Department of Labour, Punjab on a number of initiatives that have helped the Gender Unit win the UN Public Service Award, including:
- Gender Mainstreamed Labour Inspection for Decent Work. This began as a checklist for gender responsive labour inspection, and has now become a complete, gender mainstreamed, Decent Work and Labour Inspection toolkit and training module. It has been tested through several model labour inspections and based on the results that show it is a more efficient, streamlined and comprehensive way to collect information, the Department of Labour, Punjab has endorsed its use to conduct labour inspections. The training module and inspection toolkit will be rolled out in June and July, 2013 starting with a Training of Trainers session followed by a test training for all Department of Labour in Pakistan.
- Childcare Facilities for Kot Lakhpat Industrial Area. A detailed technical and financial feasibility study has been conducted based on which a PC1 (government project proposal document) has been prepared to be included in the next development budget.
- Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB). The Gender Unit Punjab is currently developing a training module for DOL staff with the aim to mainstream gender and decent work into the Department’s development budget. The Gender Focal Person, DOL Punjab, will lead training on GRB throughout Pakistan from September onwards, this year.
For further information please contact:M. Saifullah Chaudhry (PhD)
Senior Programme Officer
ILO Country Office for Pakistan
Tel.: +92 51 2276456-8