This Global Training Programme (GTP) is a component of the ILO’s Public-Private Partnership with Japan Tobacco International in support of the implementation of its initiative to fight against child labour in the company’s supply chain. This initiative is called "Achieving Reduction of Child Labour in supporting Education" (ARISE). It is a project to support the elimination and prevention of child labour in Brazil, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia by addressing social, economic and regulatory factors driving child labour in tobacco growing.
The ARISE project is designed to:
- promote access to quality education;
- raise awareness on child labour;
- facilitate social mobilization and dialogue;
- promote economic empowerment in tobacco-growing communities; and
- improve the relevant regulatory framework.