PartnersThe Provincial People’s Committee of Quang Nam/ Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism (DOCST), Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affaires (DOLISA), Department of Industry and Trade (DOIT), Women Union, Provincial Cooperative Alliance (PCA), Quang Nam Tourism Association (QTA) and selected districts.
- Local people in the inland areas who will be equipped to have more livelihoods with community-based tourism (CBT)
- Business owners/small and medium entrepreneurs who work as hospitality operators
Regional focusHo Chi Minh trail (developing CBT models in Dong Giang district) and My Son areas, Duy Xuyen district.
ObjectiveThe project will develop a replicable and sustainable approach that contributes to gender sensitive pro-poor and pro-jobs tourism development in Vietnam. The emphasis will be on young men and women, but not excluding other groups. The approach will be developed and tested in Quang Nam Province.
- Human resources development for the hospitaliy and travel industry focusing on inland destinations.
- Inland destinations development and promotion for Ho Chi Minh trail and My Son area
- Locally-produced products value chain development, focusing on distribution and promotion
- Awareness raising and capacity building for targeted people
- Pro-poor development of the hospitality and travel industry for inland tourism in Quang Nam.
- Pro-poor development of two selected value chains which are critical to the development of the hospitality and travel industry for inland tourism in Quang Nam.
- Awareness of the project’s experience, lessons learned and tools among stakeholders in the tourism sector nationally and in selected other provinces.
For further information please contactMs. Nguyen Thi Huyen
National Project Coordinator
Tel: +84 914 782 742