Youth Employment through Local Economic Development in Quang Nam Province
The objective of this project is to improve the employability and employment opportunities for young women and men by upgrading skills and improving job opportunities in through enhanced business enabling environment, business development services and overall market access in Quang Nam.
At the provincial level, the project is in partnership with Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee; Quang Nam Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs; Quang Nam Department of Planning and Investment; Quang Nam Department of Industry and Trade; Quang Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; and Provincial Cooperative Alliance.
At the national level, the project is in partnership with Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs; Viet Nam General Confederation of Labour; Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Viet Nam Cooperative Alliance; and Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Target beneficiaries include young men and women, especially ethnic minorities from “61 poorest districts”.
To improve the employability and employment opportunities for young women and men by upgrading skills and improving job opportunities in through enhanced business enabling environment, business development services and overall market access.
Quang Nam province
- Creating/improving pro-employment business framework conditions in the province;
- Strengthening employability and employment of vulnerable rural youth, though upgraded vocational and entrepreneurial skills; and
- Improving the market access of selected products (rattan & bamboo and vegetable) in selected districts of the province through the value chain approach.
- Enabling business environment in the province is improved, strengthening existing and new businesses, improving local economic conditions and local opportunities for job creation and poverty reduction;
- Employability and employment of vulnerable rural youth are improved though upgraded skills to respond to the demands of current and new business opportunities; and
- The market access of selected products is improved by strengthening relevant market players, improving product value added, competitiveness and brand, strengthening the linkage with national and international market.
For further information please contact:
Ms Mimi Groenbech
Chief Technical Advisor
Mr An Quoc Hieu
Mr Dang Ngoc Dien