This 2-week training and learning event aims to solidify knowledge and foster an exchange of practices in the transition to environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive economies. Participants will increase their capacity to formulate and implement green economy policies and strategies at national level and in key economic sectors, keeping up with new orientations of markets, government policies and social aspirations.
Following the successful implementation of its first edition in 2014, and building on results achieved through national and regional activities of the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) over the past two years, this second edition of the Green Economy Academy will boost delivery and knowledge sharing across countries and organisations involved.
Hosted by the ILO International Training Centre (ITCILO) in Turin, Italy, and organized within the framework of PAGE, this Academy brings together technical expertise and practical experience from each of the PAGE partners and countries, as well as from collaborating networks and institutions.
Learning objectivesBy attending the Academy, participants will have an increased capacity to identify and build on opportunities for the promotion of a socially inclusive green economy. They will have gained in-depth understanding of suitable approaches, tested tools and best practices for interventions in key economic sectors that will contribute to achieving long term impacts in the framework of national sustainable development strategies.
- Policy makers, technical staff and stakeholders from civil society organizations, trade unions, employers’ organizations, cooperatives, knowledge and research institutions, in current PAGE countries;
- Delegates from other interested countries which are adopting green economy strategies;
- Staff and practitioners from partner/interested agencies and donors.
ContentThe Academy will be structured around PAGE’s approach in supporting the formulation, adoption and implementation of inclusive green economy policies and strategies. In complementarity to PAGE’s national institutional capacity building strategies, this event, with global outreach, will also focus on the sharing of practices at all levels – national, policy, sectoral, value chain and enterprise – in order to offer participants fact-based learning.
- green economy as a means for poverty reduction and social inclusion in the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- quantitative modelling options for green jobs assessment;
- the interplay between climate change strategies and green economy policy options;
- greening industries and green enterprise promotion;
- economic diversification, decent work opportunities and gender equality in the transition to low-carbon and climate resilient development;
- sectors of intervention, such as sustainable agriculture, energy transition, waste management, sustainable forestry management, green buildings and infrastructure development.
RegistrationTo pre-enrol, please express your interest on-line before
8 August 2016
Fees: 3,575 Euros.
They include full board and lodging on campus in Turin,
registration fees, tuition and insurance. Travel expenses
are not included.
For further information please contact: email@example.com