|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to email@example.com
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- What is the Gini coefficient of your country, and how has it evolved over the last ten years? What have been the trends in wage inequality and labour income shares?
- What are the reasons for the increase or decrease in wage and income inequality as shown in the changes of the Gini coefficient, and in labour income shares?
- Has the government adopted specific policies to reduce the level of inequality in your country?
- If yes, do these policies include measures to:
- create jobs?
- formalize the informal economy?
- promote gender equality, including equal pay for work of equal value?
- extend social protection to disadvantaged population groups?
- set minimum wages, and/or determine wage setting mechanisms?
- protect and advance the rights and interests of disadvantaged population groups?
- facilitate access to land, food, services, resources, markets, justice, information, etc.?
- Are the social partners involved in the design and implementation of policies targeting inequality?