ILO COOP 100 Webinar II - Advancing gender equality through cooperatives
On 27 April 2020, 13:30-15:00hrs the ILO will hold the second in a series of webinars as part of the Centenary of its Cooperatives Unit.
This webinar has ended. A summary, powerpoint presentations and a video recording of the proceedings are available here.
On 27 April 2020, the ILO will hold the second in a series of webinars as part of the Centenary of its Cooperatives Unit . This webinar will focus on advancing gender equality in and through cooperatives. The speakers will share their experiences and research findings as to why women join or establish cooperatives and how they fare in cooperatives as founders, leaders, members, and workers. They will further explore the potential and challenges that cooperatives face in advancing women’s empowerment and gender equality around the world. Their presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Philippe Marcadent, Chief, Inclusive Labour Markets, Labour Relations and Working Conditions Branch (INWORK), ILO
- Stefania Marcone, Chief, International Relations & European Policies, Legacoop, Italy
- Mirai Chatterjee, Chairperson, Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) Cooperative Federation, India
- Sifa Chiyoge, Director, International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) Africa Regional Office, Kenya
- Nadya Weber, Independent Consultant, Canada