2-11 October 2013, Geneva, Switzerland
|Opening the Conference of Labour Statisticians at the ILO headquarters in Geneva, ILO Director-General Guy Ryder insisted on the importance for countries to rely on comprehensive and up-to-date statistics to shape their policies in a fast-moving economic environment. |
>> Read the press release
The 19th International Conference of Labour Statisticians adopted five resolutions concerning: Statistics of Work, Employment and Labour Underutilization (Resolution I); further work on statistics of forced labour, cooperatives and labour migration; and the functioning of the Conference. It also endorsed guidelines concerning a statistical definition of employment in the environmental sector.
- Report I: General presentation
- International Standard Classification of Occupations
- Report II: Overview
- Report II: Statistics of work, employment and labour underutilization
- Unpaid household services and child labour
- Measurement of forced labour
- Monitoring and measuring decent work
- Green jobs
- Statistics on cooperatives
- Statistics on wages
- Gender mainstreaming
- Informal employment and informal sector
- Statistics on social dialogue
- Statistics on labour migration
- Statistics on work-related violence
- ILOSTAT - Database
- MDG indicators & the post-2015 development agenda
- Revision of the International Classification of Status in Employment (ICSE-93)
Preparatory activities for the 19th ICLS
In 2009 the ILO Department of Statistics established a Working Group for the Advancement of Employment and Unemployment Statistics to provide advice on the review and update of the standards as well as the development of a set of measures of labour underutilization to supplement the unemployment rate. Its members are experts in labour statistics from countries representing all major regions of the World.
The Working Group operates through technical meetings and virtual discussions managed by the ILO through a secure online platform accessible only to Working Group members.
During 2012 the ILO Department of Statistics, in collaboration with the Regional Economic Commissions of the United Nations and development partners, are organizing Preparatory Regional Meetings in support of the 19th ICLS. The main objective of the regional meetings is to widen the consultation process with a view to enhance the participation of countries in the 19th ICLS process.
Schedule of meetings in preparation for the 19th ICLS
For more information, please contact the ILO Department of Statistics at: email@example.com