International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
Zambian musician, Lindiwe Bungane, tells the real-life story of Thandi, a migrant domestic worker trapped in modern slavery. This video has been produced in support of the ILO’s 50 for Freedom campaign.Read
Our impact, their voice
An Indonesian woman displaced after a volcanic eruption opened a successful business after ILO training on financial education and entrepreneurship.Read
Programmes and results
The ILO has integrated many of its existing technical projects into five flagship programmes, designed to enhance the efficency and impact of its development cooperation with constituents on a global scale.
Spotlight on areas where the ILO has made a difference in the lives of working women and men in all corners of the world, upholding social justice to address the concerns of its constituents, partners and Member States.
ILO and the G20
Artworks brings together artists to raise awareness, promote fundamental rights and advocate for social change on world of work issues.
World of work trends
- World Employment and Social Outlook 2016
- Women at Work Trends 2016
- Global estimates on migrant workers
- Key Indicators of the Labour Market (KILM) 2015
- Global Employment Trends for Youth 2015
- Global Wage Report 2014-15
- World Social Protection Report 2014-15
- Profits and Poverty: The Economics of Forced Labour
- Maternity and paternity at work: Law and practice across the world