The Labour Market Information (LMI) Project in collaboration with Bureau of Employment (BoE), MoLISA organize the training workshop on Labour Market Information and Analysis for selected provinces in Hanoi from 19 to 20 May 2011.
The main objective of this workshop is to contribute to developing the capacity of the selected Employment Service Centres and DoLISA Employment Units to better understand and contribute to labour market information and analysis in Vietnam, and to effectively manage their performance at delivering services and implementing labour market policy and programs.
In particular, upon the completion of the workshop, participants will have:
- analysed different institutional set-ups of labour market information collection at the local level;
- analyzed different sources of LMI and different stages of a LMIA system;
- strengthened their capacity in contributing to better collection of labour market information and the development of a LMIA system at provincial level;
- discussed important features of the LMIA System in Vietnam and the operational arrangements, roles and responsibilities played by local institutions and ESCs;
- reflected upon their own operational arrangements, challenges and potential roles, particularly in relation to service delivery and implementation and evaluation of active labour market policy and programs utilising key performance indicator concepts (KPIs);
- Employment policy and labour market program development and implementation at provincial level.
Participants are directors and officers of Labour Market Information Units of 15 selected Employment Services Centres and representatives from Employment Units of 15 selected DoLISA. Mr Nguyen Dai Dong, Director of BoE and Ms Nguyen Thi Hai Van, Deputy Director of the BoE cum Director of Labour Market Information Center (LMIC) and LMIC staff also participate in the training.
Trainer of the workshop is Mr John Stewart – LMI Project Coordinator
Nguyen Thi Hai Yen, National Officer of LMI Component
Labour Market Information Project
Tel: (84 4) 37478816 ext 207