Copyright © 1996-2018 International Labour Organization. All rights reserved.
The ILO holds copyright in the information available on this Web site, unless otherwise stated. Copyright in any third-party materials found on this Web site must also be respected. You may request permission to reproduce the ILO materials available on this Web site as follows:
ILO Publications and DataIf you would like to copy, translate or otherwise reproduce the ILO material for commercial or non-commercial purposes, consult the page Permissions to Reproduce ILO Publications and Data for further instructions.
ILO PhotographsNone of the photographs on this site may be freely reproduced and all remain the property of the International Labour Organization (ILO), which holds the copyright in them.
Should you nevertheless wish to download and use one or more photographs from the ILO photo library, you will be granted conditional de facto authorization to do so, free of charge, if you meet and agree to all the following conditions:
- Not to copy, duplicate or forward the photo or a representation thereof in any way whatsoever for the purpose of resale;
- Not to use the photo for a purpose contrary to the ILO’s objectives or to human dignity and respect;
- Not to use ILO photos of people to promote a product or idea that differs from their actual activity;
- To respect the meaning and context of any caption provided with the photo;
- To include the obligatory copyright notice ("© ILO / [name of the photographer]") on the reproduction medium, whatever the nature of the reproduction, representation or interpretation of the photograph.
- The ILO reserves the right to modify the present conditions and to impose additional conditions on the authorization for use of photos. It may revoke an authorization at any time.
- Failure to meet one or more of the present conditions will result in revocation of the authorization to use the photo with immediate effect, without prejudice to any other recourse. The ILO reserves the right to take legal action.
Some clearly identified photos are not directly accessible from the database and are subject to a written request for authorization to send by email to email@example.com, identifying the publication and describing the context in which the photo will be used.
ILO Logo (emblem)/ NameThe Name and Logo (emblem) of the International Labour Organization are legally protected and may not be used without express written permission which will only be granted when appropriate in very limited circumstances. Requests will only be accepted if they are in writing and contain the following information:
- the reasons in full for the request;
- details of the intended use; and
- full contact details of the person or organization making the request.