The Legal Adviser is Mr. Georges Politakis.
|Georges Politakis (1)||1 March 2015||present|
|Geneviève Pons-Deladrière||1 April 2013||31 March 2014|
|Luc Derepas||1 October 2010||31 May 2012|
|Janelle Diller (2)|
|Guido Raimondi||1 February 2008||30 April 2010|
|Anne Trebilcock||1 Dec 2005||31 January 2008|
|Loïc Picard (3)||1 January 2003||30 November 2005|
|Dominick Devlin||1 June 1998||30 June 2001|
|Francis Maupain||1 February 1987||31 May 1998|
|Francis Wolf (4)||6 February 1956||31 January 1987|
|Harding F. Bancroft||11 April 1953||15 May 1956|
|C. Wilfred Jenks (5)||15 January 1943||31 December 1952|
|Jacques Secrétan (6)||1 July 1940||30 April 1953|
|Jean Morellet (7)||1 July 1925||4 July 1940|
|José de Vilallonga||17 January 1921||31 December 1924|
|Manley O. Hudson (8)|
- (1) Deputy Legal Adviser who served as Legal Adviser of the 103rd Session of the ILC (Geneva, June 2014).
- (2) Deputy Legal Adviser who served as Legal Adviser of the 99th and 101st Sessions of the ILC (Geneva, respectively June 2010 and June 2012).
- (3) Legal Adviser of the 89th, 90th and 94th (Maritime) Sessions of the ILC (Geneva, June 2001, June 2002 and February 2006).
- (4) Official nomination as Head of Legal Services. Mr. Francis Wolf reported to Mr. H.F. Bancroft until 15 May 1956.
- (5) Official nomination as Legal Adviser. In fact, Mr. Jenks assumed and had the title of Legal Adviser as from of July 1940.
- (6) Held the title of Legal Adviser of the International Labour Office in Switzerland. On 13 April 1945, his functions were increased and his title was modified accordingly to Liaison with the Federal Authorities. After 6 November 1946, he was Legal Counsel of the ILO. During the 27th and 29th Session of the ILC (Paris 1945, Montreal 1946), Mr. Secrétan together with Mr. C.W. Jenks assumed the role of Legal Adviser.
- (7) On the occasion of the 7th Session of the ILC (Geneva, May-June 1925) Messieurs Jean Morellet and Norman MacKenzie assumed the role of Legal Adviser.
- (8) Legal Adviser at the 1st and 2nd Sessions of the ILC (Washington D.C. October - November 1919, Genoa June-July 1920).