Academy on Labour Administration and Labour Inspection
The programme provided participants with state of the art knowledge in the fields of Labour Administration and Labour Inspection based on the preparatory work, reports, studies and discussion at the 100th Session of the International Labour Conference in Geneva. The ILO-Turin Centre Academy on Labour Administration and Labour Inspection was a unique opportunity for participants from around the world to study, discuss and share experiences on key trends and challenges for good governance. Leading ILO experts, academics and practitioners introduced the thematic sessions, while ITC experts facilitated the learning activities.
The main objective of the Academy was to provide participants with an opportunity to analyse, discuss, compare and share knowledge and practices on the situation, trends and challenges for labour administration and labour inspection in a globalized world. The Academy was conceived as a follow-up to the 100th Session of the International Labour Conference.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Analyse and discuss new operating conditions for labour administration and labour inspection, making reference to recent international debate on the issue.
- Make reference to the ILO main International Labour Standards concerning Labour Administration and Labour Inspection.
- Discuss the potential of a modern, coherent and coordinated labour administration system.
- Analyse labour administration and labour inspection key functions, trends and challenges relative to national context, and compare them to other countries practices.
- Discuss and share knowledge and experiences on specific areas of concern for labour administration and labour Inspection and Identify good practices.
- Promote networking.
- Be familiar and make use of ILO tools, materials, studies and training modules.