Despite significant progress over the past century, women are still a long way from achieving gender equality in the workplace. In many parts of the world, women are still trapped in low-skilled work and work longer unpaid hours. Explore the chart to learn how working women are faring around the world.
Marking the day
High-level panel discussion "Getting to Equal by 2030: The Future is Now"
The panel members are:
- Her Excellency Pamela Hamamoto, the US Ambassador and Permanent representative to the UN in Geneva
- Ms Linda Kromjong, Secretary-General of the International Organisation of Employers’
- Ms Sharan Burrow, General-Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation
- Mr Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General
- Ms Shauna Olney, Chief of the Gender, Equality and Diversity Branch, ILO.
Trabajemos juntos a favor de una igualdad de género verdadera y del empoderamiento de la mujer en el mundo del trabajo. El trabajo decente para la mujer traerá consigo una vida decente para todos."Guy Ryder, Director General de la OIT