6th ILO European Regional Meeting
6th European Regional Meeting
The meeting came at a time of improving labour market performance in Europe. The ILO report pointed out, however, that "the persistence of high rates of unemployment in many Western European countries continues to be a fundamental economic and social problem and is still an important source of poverty." In particular, the ILO noted that "long-term unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving a significant number of individuals effectively excluded from the labour market." Levels of youth unemployment have also remained high in some countries.
Documents and meeting informations
- Invitation letter of the Director-General
- Rules for Regional Meetings
- Report of the Director General - Volume I.
- Report of the Director General - Volume II.
- Record of the 5th European Regional Conference, Warsaw 1995
- Speech of the Director-General
- Texts Adopted and Conclusions
- List of Delegations
- Practical guide for delegates
- Site of the Meeting & Complementary links (maps, touristic information)
- Contacting the Meeting's Secretary