The Retreat, organized by the Employment Policy Department (EMP/POLICY), aimed to create a common platform of vision, knowledge and action on employment policy development. It was a learning, sharing, planning and evaluating event on employment policy, centred on the following objectives:
- reviewing main employment challenges in light of globalization and the post Crisis recovery
- assessing the new employment agenda in the context of the DWA, DWCP, Crisis and GJP and the implications for our analytic frameworks, policy advice and tools for action
- developing a shared vision among both HQ and field colleagues on support and policy advice for the design of National Employment Policies (NEPs) in line with the Strategic Policy Framework (Programme and Budget 2010/2011) and the 2010 ILC Conclusions on employment, taking into account diversity of regional contexts, needs and levels of development
- sharing state-of-the-art knowledge on new approaches and methodologies in the design, implementation and evaluation of employment policies
- building a common understanding on the next steps for research, knowledge and capacity building
The essential readings for the Retreat were:
A more extensive list of resources will follow shortly
Venue and Date
The Retreat took place from the 14 - 16 September in the Pavillon Gallatin, Château de Penthes, 18 Chemin de l'Impératrice, Geneva.
Participants included the Employment Policy Department, employment specialists from the regions, other technical specialists, ILO ITC Turin and external resource persons. In addition, staff from other technical units attended selected sessions.
Participants from the field offices contributed to the Retreat by sharing country and regional perspectives for each session throughout the programme.
Organization and Logistics
The Retreat was organized by the Employment Policy Department (EMP/POLICY), Employment sector.
Below are names of contact persons for additional information and follow up:
Ms. Aude Morgado (email@example.com)
Ms. Jane Bang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Sarah Anwar (email@example.com)