From 2016 to 2020, the International Labour Office, in close collaboration with the Government and the social partners in Greece, implemented a project, funded by the European Commission’s Structural Reform Support Service (SRSS) – currently the Directorate-General for Structural Reform Support (DG Reform) – on “Supporting the transition from informal to formal economy and addressing undeclared work in Greece”.
Following the national tripartite consensus reached about a national three-year roadmap, an Action plan on tackling undeclared work was prepared.
A follow-up SRSS project was launched in 2018 to support the implementation of a number of actions described in the Action plan. A third project was subsequently approved for the purpose of supporting the implementation of the Action plan until the end of the roadmap (December 2019).
In 2019, the scope of the project was extended to review, from a comparative perspective, the framework on individual and collective dispute resolution and trade union rights and facilities for trade union representatives within a European and international context. This extension of the project was implemented by EMPLOYMENT, jointly with the Inclusive Labour Markets, Labour Relations and Working Conditions Branch, and the Labour Law and Reform Unit.
Objectives of the extended project:The EU-funded project has two main objectives:
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) and to the Greek social partners, in the areas of individual and collective dispute resolution and trade union facilities.
- Enhance tripartite consultation and social dialogue on labour law reform processes in these areas.
Documents relating to previous phases of the project:
- Assessement report on necessary amendments of the legal framework regarding inspections in agriculture and Recommendations for reforms in line with ILO Convention No 129.
- Business survey aiming at identifying the obstacles to the creation of formal jobs and measures to tackle them.
- Diagnostic report on Bogus Self-Employment in Greece and Recommendations for Reforms.
- Undeclared work concerns all of us.
- Undeclared Work Has Negative Consequences For All.
- Roadmap for fighting undeclared work.
- Diagnostic Report on undeclared work in Greece.