ILO/Sida Partnership on Youth Employment justify;">The ILO Youth Employment Programme (YEP) operates through a global network of specialists working in the technical departments across the ILO at its head-quarters in Geneva and in more than 60 offices around the world. It provides assistance to countries in developing coherent and coordinated interventions on youth employment.
Work in this area includes:
- Data collection on the nature and dimensions of youth employment, unemployment and under employment;
- Analysis of the effectiveness of country policies and programmes on youth employment;
- Policy advice to strengthen in-country labour market policies and programmes for youth employment and capacity building for governments and employers’ and workers’ organizations;
- Technical assistance in formulating and implementing national youth employment programmes that focus on employment- intensive investment, skills development, youth entrepreneurship, access to finance and other targeted active labour market measures;
- Advocacy and awareness-raising activities to promote decent work for youth with a focus on employability, employment and workers’ rights;
- Advisory services through the YEN partnership, including evaluation clinics and support to YEN lead countries; and
- Strategic partnerships on youth employment through the promotion of cross-country and global peer networks, inter-agency cooperation across United Nations and other international agencies, and collaboration between the private and public sectors at the international, regional and national levels.