EMPLOYMENT/TRADE AND EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME
Chief Technical Adviser, Assessing and Addressing the Effects of Trade on Employment (ETE) Project
+41 22 799 7315
+41 22 799 7562
Educational and Professional Background
- Ph.D. in Economics and International Finance, Brandeis University (United States)
- Consultant to the World Bank, USAID, the ADB, and WTO (2004 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor of International Economics, SAIS Johns Hopkins University (2006 – 2009)
Current Research Interests
- Impact of Trade on Employment
- Trade Adjustment Policies and Employment
- Services Trade and Employment
- Trade and Productivity
- Regional Trade Agreements
- Foreign Direct Investment
Publications and Working Papers
- “Methods for Ex Post Economic Evaluation of Free Trade Agreements”, Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 59, Asian Development Bank, 2010.
- “Methods for Ex Ante Economic Evaluation of Free Trade Agreements”, Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 52, Asian Development Bank, 2010.
- "FDI Effects of ASEAN Integration", with Michael Plummer, Revue Région et Développement, v. 29, 2009.
- "Has the ASEAN Investment Area (AIA) Agreement had an impact on ASEAN FDI? ", Pacific Trade and Development (PAFTAD) Conference Proceedings, 2007.
- "FDI in ASEAN: Determinants and Performance", Report Section in Plummer, Michael et al., "Completing the AIA: Road Traveled, Road Ahead. ", Report for USAID, 2007.
- "Hong Kong Dollarization in Macau and the viability of other Exchange Rate Alternatives to the Link", Book Chapter in S.S. Chan (ed.), "Leading Issues of the Macau Economy", Macau Foundation Press, 2000.
- Concluding chapter in Jean Berlie (ed.), "Macau 2000: Society and Economy", Oxford University Press, 1999.