EMPLOYMENT/TRADE AND EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME
Chief Technical Adviser, Assessing and Addressing the Effects of Trade on Employment (ETE) Project
+41 22 799 7315
+41 22 799 7562
Educational and Professional Background
- Ph.D. in Economics and International Finance, Brandeis University (United States)
- Consultant to the World Bank, USAID, the ADB, and WTO (2004 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor of International Economics, SAIS Johns Hopkins University (2006 – 2009)
Current Research Interests
- Impact of Trade on Employment
- Trade Adjustment Policies and Employment
- Services Trade and Employment
- Trade and Productivity
- Regional Trade Agreements
- Foreign Direct Investment
Publications and Working Papers
- “Methods for Ex Post Economic Evaluation of Free Trade Agreements”, Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 59, Asian Development Bank, 2010.
- “Methods for Ex Ante Economic Evaluation of Free Trade Agreements”, Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 52, Asian Development Bank, 2010.
- "FDI Effects of ASEAN Integration", with Michael Plummer, Revue Région et Développement, v. 29, 2009.
- "Has the ASEAN Investment Area (AIA) Agreement had an impact on ASEAN FDI? ", Pacific Trade and Development (PAFTAD) Conference Proceedings, 2007.
- "FDI in ASEAN: Determinants and Performance", Report Section in Plummer, Michael et al., "Completing the AIA: Road Traveled, Road Ahead. ", Report for USAID, 2007.
- "Hong Kong Dollarization in Macau and the viability of other Exchange Rate Alternatives to the Link", Book Chapter in S.S. Chan (ed.)