ProgrammeThe following questions that have taken center stage during the crisis will be discussed during this two-hour session:
- How did countries respond to the crisis?
- How did the private sector deal with the crisis?
- Are there lessons in terms of labour market policies and programs that can be used to limit the impacts on employment and earnings of future downturns?
Presentation of the new ILO/WB database of the first global inventory of policy responses (a database covering 77 countries) and the related synthesis report given by Jose-Manuel Salazar, Executive Director at the ILO, and Tamar Manuelyan Atinc, Vice President at the World Bank
- Peter Bavkis - Director, International Trade Union Confederation
- Ronnie Goldberg - Executive Vice President, United States Council for International Business
- Gerhard Kiewel - Vice President, Volkswagen
- Martin Rama - Director, World Development Report 2013 on Jobs, World Bank
Follow the discussion on Twitter at #jobs
The discussion can also continue with interactive participation with presenters, panelists and others online, via the Jobs Knowledge Platform.
For questions on the event, the database, or the report kindly contact Catherine Saget at firstname.lastname@example.org or Friederike Rother at email@example.com