Podcast series: Global challenges – Global solutions
The digital divide: Can we narrow the gap?
In many ways, digitalization has made the world of work a better place. Yet many groups of workers, in particular, those who are already disadvantaged and marginalized, face challenges associated with unequal access to digital technologies. This podcast episode examines the digital divide and offers some ideas for narrowing it.
The future of work podcast series was created on behalf of the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
This podcast is also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore, India
European Commission - Joint Research Centre
EC-Joint Research Centre:
- Project: The Changing Nature of Work and Skills
- Working paper series: Labour, Education and Technology
- Report: COLLEEM study on platform work
- EU policy brief: Who can telework today
- EU scoreboard/digitalisation: Digital Economy and Society Index