Judgment No. 3702
1. The EPO shall pay the complainant retroactively, for the period 16 May 1991 to 31 December 2005, the benefits that would have accrued to him over that period under paragraph 3 of Communiqué No. 284.
2. The EPO shall pay the complainant interest on the sums due in respect of the period 20 December 2004 to 31 December 2005 at the rate of 5 per cent per annum from due dates until the date of final payment.
3. The EPO shall pay the complainant 5,000 euros in moral damages.
4. The EPO shall also pay the complainant costs in the amount of 1,000 euros.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainant contests the implied refusal to give retrospective recognition to his registered same-sex partnership.
complaint allowed; same-sex partnership