Judgment No. 3586
1. The impugned decision is set aside.
2. WHO shall pay the complainant material damages in the amount of 80,000 United States dollars.
3. WHO shall also pay the complainant moral damages in the amount of 30,000 United States dollars.
4. WHO shall pay interest on the sums referred to in points 2 and 3 at the rate of 5 per cent per annum from the date of public delivery of this judgment until the date of payment, unless these sums are paid within 30 days of the date of public delivery of this judgment.
5. WHO shall also pay to the complainant costs in the amount of 6,000 United States dollars.
6. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainant contests the decision not to extend his fixed-term appointment.
due process; equity; fixed-term; non-renewal of contract; duty of care