Judgment No. 3571
1. The Director General’s decision of 10 December 2012 is set aside insofar as it rejected the complainant’s request to maintain the basis for calculating his contributions to the Pension Scheme at 100 per cent.
2. Eurocontrol shall take all necessary steps to restore the complainant’s rights in respect of the contributions to the Pension Scheme.
3. It shall pay the complainant costs in the amount of 3,000 euros.
4. All other claims are dismissed.
5. The interveners shall enjoy the rights established by this judgment in respect of the complainant.
The complainant challenges Eurocontrol’s refusal to convert his limited-term appointment into an appointment for an undetermined period and the reduction of the basis for calculating his contributions to the Pension Scheme to reflect his actual working time.
complaint allowed; decision quashed; pension; conversion of a contract