Judgment No. 3503
1. The decision of 3 December 2012 is set aside.
2. The case is remitted to WIPO for action as indicated under 9.
3. WIPO shall pay the complainant moral damages in the amount of 3,000 euros.
4. It shall also pay her costs in the amount of 2,000 euros.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainant contests the lawfulness of the appointment of two staff members to grade G-6 posts.
right of appeal; vacancy; appointment
"[I]t should be recalled that, for a letter addressed to an organization to constitute an appeal, it is sufficient that the person concerned clearly expresses therein his or her intention to contest the decision adversely affecting her or him and that the request thus formulated can be granted in some meaningful way (see Judgments 3068, under 16, and 3127, under 8, and the case law cited therein)."
Jugement(s) TAOIT: 3068, 3127