Judgment No. 3033
1. The impugned decision as well as the decision of 19 February 2008 are set aside.
2. The FAO shall pay the complainant his honorarium and arrears of security evacuation alllowance, as stated under 12.
3. It shall pay the complainant compensation for moral injury in the sum of 8,000 United States dollars.
4. It shall also pay him 2,000 dollars in costs.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
"[A]ny decision to terminate an employee's contract must be clear and precise and must comply with the applicable formal requirements. Moreover, like any decision unfavourable to an official, it cannot take effect before the date on which he or she is notified of it (see Judgment 1531, under 8)."
Jugement(s) TAOIT: 1531
complaint allowed; complaint allowed in part; decision; cause of action; formal requirements; date of notification; organisation's duties; termination of employment; effect