Judgment No. 2582
1. The implicit decision resulting from the IOOC's failure to respond to the complainant's request is set aside.
2. The case is sent back to the IOOC for the complainant's entitlements to be determined in accordance with consideration 10.
3. The IOOC shall pay the complainant the sum of 1,000 euros in compensation for moral injury.
4. It shall also pay him 2,000 euros in costs.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
The IOOC recognised the Tribunal's competence by a letter of 19 September 2003 addressed to the Director-General of the International Labour Office (ILO). "Although the complainant's appointment with the IOOC ended prior to that recognition, which was approved by the ILO's Governing Body at its 288th Session in November 2003, the Tribunal considers that it may properly hear the present case brought by a former official of the IOOC who, subsequently to that recognition, has alleged a breach of statutory provisions."
complaint; complaint allowed; complaint allowed in part; competence of tribunal; declaration of recognition; staff regulations and rules; breach; provision; separation from service; executive head; executive body; date