Judgment No. 2103
1. IFAD'S IMPLIED DECISION TO REJECT THE COMPLAINANT'S REQUEST FOR REVIEW DATED 10 OCTOBER 1998 IS SET ASIDE INSOFAR AS IT UPHOLDS THE SUSPENSION OF THE FORMALITIES FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPLAINANT'S PENSION ENTITLEMENTS.
2. IFAD SHALL SEND TO THE UNJSPF THE FORM CERTIFYING THE COMPLAINANT'S SEPARATION FROM SERVICE.
3. IFAD SHALL PAY THE COMPLAINANT 2,000 EUROS IN COSTS.
4. THE COMPLAINANT'S OTHER CLAIMS ARE DISMISSED.
5. IFAD'S COUNTERCLAIMS ARE DISMISSED.
"An organisation may try by all legal means to recover any money a staff member may owe it when he or she leaves service. But that does not entitle it to suspend or block consideration of the staff member's pension entitlements. [...] However, [the organization] was right to defer consideration of the complainant's entitlement to a repatriation allowance."
complaint allowed; complaint allowed in part; organisation's duties; repatriation allowance; terminal entitlements; separation from service; pension; pension entitlements; debt