Judgment No. 1471
1. THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL'S DECISION OF 24 MARCH 1994 IS QUASHED.
2. THE CASE IS SENT BACK TO THE ORGANIZATION SO THAT THE REGIONAL BOARD OF APPEAL AND, IFNEED BE, THE HEADQUARTERS BOARD MAY TAKE UP THE COMPLAINANT'S CASE ANEW.
3. THEORGANIZATION SHALL PAY THE COMPLAINANT $3,000 IN DAMAGES FOR MORAL INJURY.
4. IT SHALL PAY HIM $500 IN COSTS.
5. HIS OTHER CLAIMS ARE DISMISSED.
"The Tribunal holds that the process of appeal has [...] been set at nought because neither board of appeal had at its disposal the information necessary for consideration of the case. The proper procedure is to return the case to the Regional Board so that it may resume proceedings with the Selection Committee's full records at its disposal."
internal appeals body; internal appeal; flaw; procedural flaw