Judgment No. 1043
1. THE TRIBUNAL TAKES NOTE OF THE UNION'S STATEMENT IN POINT 1 OF ITS LETTER OF 14 MAY 1990 QUOTED IN 5 ABOVE THAT IT REVERSES THE DECISION NOTIFIED IN THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL'S LETTER OF 21 FEBRUARY 1989 TO DISMISS THE COMPLAINANT.
2. SUCH REVERSAL ENTAILS REVERSAL OF THE DECISION OF 28 AUGUST 1989 CONVEYED TO THE COMPLAINANT IN THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL'S LETTER OF 31 AUGUST 1989.
3. THE TRIBUNAL TAKES NOTE OF THE UNION'S UNDERTAKING IN POINT 2 OF ITS LETTER OF 14 MAY 1990 TO GRANT THE COMPLAINANT FINANCIAL COMPENSATION.
4. THE UNION SHALL PAY HIM 10,000 SWISS FRANCS IN DAMAGES.
5. IT SHALL PAY HIM 1,000 FRANCS IN COSTS.
The complainant submitted an application for execution of Judgment 922 that set aside the decision to dismiss him. The UPU subsequently notified the Tribunal that it had reversed the decision and would offer the complainant compensation. The Tribunal took note of the Union's undertaking and awarded him 10,000 Swiss francs in damages for all the forms of injury he sustained and 1,000 francs towards costs.
Jugement(s) TAOIT: 922
application for execution; injury; moral injury; cause of action; no cause of action; settlement out of court; costs; case pending; material damages