Judgment No. 3864
- Organization: Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO PrepCom)
- Date: 28.06.2017
- Original: English
- Judges: Barbagallo, Moore, Rawlins
- Full judgment text - Full judgment text (french)
1. The impugned decision of 7 May 2015 and the original decision of 23 August 2013 are set aside.
2. The Commission shall pay the complainant material damages in the sum of 80,000 euros.
3. The Commission shall also pay the complainant 40,000 euros for moral injury.
4. The Commission shall also pay the complainant 7,000 euros costs.
5. All other claims are dismissed, as is the Commissionís counterclaim.
The complainant contests the decision not to exceptionally extend her contract.
non-renewal of contract
The complainant has not sought to be reinstated, but she seeks material damages. The Tribunal determines that she is entitled to material damages for the loss of a valuable opportunity to have her contract extended and also to be compensated for the moral injury which the breach of the Commissionís rules caused her.