Judgment No. 3521
1. The impugned decision is set aside.
2. The EPO shall pay the complainant material damages plus interest, as indicated under consideration 6, above.
3. It shall pay him moral damages in the amount of 5,000 euros.
4. It shall also pay him costs in the amount of 800 euros.
5. All other claims are dismissed.
The complainant challenges the rejection of his request for a two-year prolongation of service beyond retirement age.
complaint allowed; decision quashed; retirement; age limit; organisation's interest; extension beyond retirement age