Judgment No. 2529
- Organization: Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO PrepCom)
- Date: 12.07.2006
- Original: English
- Judges: Gentot, Hugessen, Gaudron
- Full judgment text - Full judgment text (french)
1. The impugned decision is set aside.
2. The Commission shall pay the complainant the sums detailed in consideration 18 together with damages of 10,000 euros and costs of 5,000 euros.
3. His other claims are dismissed.
"The Tribunal's case law is voluminous and consistent to the effect that an organisation owes it to its employees, especially probationers, to guide them in the performance of their duties and to warn them in specific terms if they are not giving satisfaction and are in risk of dismissal."
ILOAT Judgment(s): 1212, 1386, 2170, 2414
case law; organisation's duties; duty to inform; work appraisal; probationary period; termination of employment; unsatisfactory service