All female workers shall enjoy paid maternity leave except the following categories of workers:
1. The employees and workers of the Ministries and other governmental organs, public institutions, corporations and companies which are established by Qatar Petroleum by itself or with others, and the workers whose employment affairs are regulated by special laws.
2. The Officers and members of the armed forces and police and the workers employed at sea.
3. The workers employed in casual works.
4. The persons employed in domestic employment such as drivers, nurses, cooks, gardeners and similar workers.
5. Working members of employers family. These are the wife, ascendants and descendants who are residing with and wholly dependent on him.
6. The workers employed in agriculture and grazing other than the persons employed in the agricultural establishments processing and marketing their own products or those who are permanently employed in the operation or repair of the necessary agricultural mechanical appliances.
Labour Code Art.2, 3