|Abandonment ID:|| 00450|
|Nombre del buque:||Rui Sheng|
|Puerto de abandono:||Thailand|
|Fecha de abandono:||Febrero 2020|
|Fecha de notificación:||20 Julio 2020|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||International Chamber of Shipping (ISWAN)|
|No. de marinos:||23|
|Nacionalidades:||Bangladesh(4); China (14); Indonesia(3); India(1); Myanmar(1)|
|Circunstancias:||Crew have not been paid since last 5-6 months and they are looking for urgent repatriation.|
National Governments and PSC at Thailand were informed.
Flag State informed
|Estado de la repatriación:||Repatriation pending|
Chinese company reps threatened and fought with Indian, Bangladeshi and Indonesian crew, and the crew are now at Port premises and not willing to go back on ship.
They need support for quarantine and flight costs to return home.
|Estado del pago:||Payment Pending|
They have been paid their dues by owner.
|Comentarios y observaciones:||Non-governmental Organization (20 Julio 2020)|
The crew are in vulnerable status.
At least 1 Bangladeshi crew has completed 24 months on ship and some others more than 12 months at least.
The owner is not providing any support such as food and medical support to an injured seafarer.
Indonesia (28 Julio 2020)
Related to the current condition, we received information from our colleague from Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok, that the Indonesian seafarers are in good condition, and whole salaries have been paid.
This case is categorized as a Human Trafficking case, so they are currently staying at the shelter temporarily for giving their statement and further information.
We would like to extend our appreciation for Government of Thailand through related authority for their assistance on this case to be resolved.
Thailandia (1 Agosto 2020)
1. The vessel in question is anchoring in the port of Samutsakorn, Thailand, and still does not have a certain departure schedule.
2. All crews have received their salaries.
3. Some crews refused to return to work onboard the vessel and requested for repatriation. Those crews are under the State quarantine and have been taken care of by relevant authorities and their embassies in Thailand.
4. The Marine Department of Thailand was informed by the company that it is planned to change crews at the next port, Singapore.
5. The vessel was inspected by PSCOs and there were deficiencies found and need to be ratified before departure. This may need the flag State assistance.
India (24 Agosto 2020)
The Directorate-General of Shipping of India had taken up the matter with the concerned Recruitment and Placement Agency, which has informed the Directorate that 1 Indian Seafarer is quarantined in port accommodation and the High Commission of India is in regular contact with the seafarer. The repatriation process will be done on the availability of the flight and the 2 months pending salary will also be cleared soon.
Non-governmental Organization (1 Septiembre 2020)
The seafarers have signed off in Thailand and have been paid their dues by owner. They are still waiting for repatriation and approval from local Thai authorities. It is still disputed regarding repatriation issues etc.