|Abandonment ID:|| 00354|
|7-digit IMO no.:||9510589|
|Port of abandonment:||Tuzla, Turkey|
|Abandonment date:||30 July 2018|
|Notification date:||1 August 2018|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||ITF|
|No. of Seafarers:||13|
|Nationalities:||Belarus; Latvia; Russian Federation; Ukraine|
|Circumstances:||NON PAYMENT OF WAGES (2 MONTHS)|
|Actions taken:||2 August 2018: Other|
|Repatriation status:||2 August 2018: Other|
Crew remain on the vessel
|Payment status:||2 August 2018: Payment Pending|
|Comments and Observations:||ITF (2 August 2018)|
Owner is currently in bankruptcy proceedings.
P&I abandonment insurer is West of England (20/02/2018 - 20/02/2019)
The seafarers have applied to the insurance by email(01/08/2018).
Other (29 August 2018)
INFO ON M/T ORESTINA (16.08.2018)
Maritime Administration of GIBRALTAR has been notified by the Turkish Maritime Administration with the attached communication.
Investigations made by Turkish Maritime Administration on 02.08.2018 revealed the following points:
• There are 5 interim injunctions and an arrest order for the ship.
• Vessel has been at Tuzla Ada Shipyard since 21 May 2018 without any repair and maintenance.
• Shipmaster could not establish communication with the shipowner.
• There are 13 crewmembers on board. 10 of them from Russian nationality (including captain) also 1 personnel Ukranian, 1 personnel Latvian and 1 personnel from Belarusian nationality.
• Crew did not receive their 2 Months Salary of June and July.
• Sewage treatment plant of the ship is not working also gray water, black water tanks are full.
• Sewage disposal is being done by a sewage vessel that is provided by the agency.
• There is no diesel oil left in the ship therefore fuel oil used.
• Refrigerant gas used for air-conditioning and freezer is decreasing.
Info gathered from the Shipping Agency as of 03.08.2018:
• According to the captain's verbal statement, there are enough provisions on board.
• Sewage from the ship is regularly taken by the agency to prevent pollution.
• Crew are in contact with the ITF representative in Turkey and they have made the necessary legal applications regarding the non-payment of staff salaries.
• Shipmaster also is in contact with the P&I regarding the needs of the crew.