[Fritz - resolved]
|Abandonment ID:|| 00213|
|Nombre del buque:||[Fritz - resolved]|
|Puerto de abandono:||Oshawa, Canada|
|Fecha de abandono:||2 Julio 2014|
|Fecha de notificación:||23 Octubre 2014|
|Reporting Member Govt. or Org.:||Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF)|
|No. de marinos:||19|
|Nacionalidades:||Rumania(18); Rusia, Federación de(1)|
|Circunstancias:||Owners of the vessel declared bankrupcy, with a ship still loaded, while the crew waited at anchor for over 3 weeks.|
Crew refused to open hatches to release cargo, until 3 months wages were paid.
|Estado de la repatriación:||Repatriated|
Repatriated after insolvency administrator was brought in.
|Comentarios y observaciones:||Fed. Int. de los Trabajadores del Trasporte (ITF) (25 Noviembre 2016)|
Through Liberian Shipowners' Council, the Liberian Administration informed of;
- On June 2014, the Liberian Administration received a complaint from the crew of Fritz regarding non-payment of wages (for April, May and June), repatriation issues, insufficient provisions, etc.
- The vessel operators informed the Liberian Administration that they were forced to declare insolvency; hence, they could not resolve the various issues on board the vessel.
- On July 10, 2014, the vessel was detained by PSC Canada.
- The Liberian Administration contacted the insolvency administrator and successfully arranged for payment of outstanding wages up to July 2014.
- As of August 2014, the vessel is under the new management.