Country: South Africa - Subject: Hazardous child labour
South Africa - Hazardous child labour - Regulation, Decree, Ordinance
BCEA Regulations on Hazardous Work by Children (No. R 7). Adoption: 2010-01-15 | ZAF-2010-R-89779 Made by the Ministry of Labour on the advice of the Employment Conditions Commission. Implements section 44 and 45 of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (BCEA).
2. Purpose and interpretation
2(1): The purpose of these regulations is to -
(a) place conditions on the work that may be performed by child workers who are at least 15 years of age and no longer subject to compulsory schooling in terms of any law;
(b) prohibit any person from permitting or requiring such child workers to perform particular types of work specified in the regulations...
3. Access to nutrition, health care and educational services
4. Work away from parents or legal guardian
5. Prohibition of piece-work and task work
6. Maximum daily and weekly working time
7. Night work
8. Prohibited work
9. Worst forms of child labour
10. Investigation and prosecution of alleged offences concerning worst forms of child labour
11. Medical examinations
12. Report to department of social development
13. Offences and Penalties
16. Short title and commencement
Schedule 1: Hazardous substances and agents
Schedule 2: Summary of regulations on the health and safety of children at work and on hazardous work by children
Adoption: 2010-01-15 | ZAF-2010-R-89779
Made by the Ministry of Labour on the advice of the Employment Conditions Commission. Implements section 44 and 45 of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (BCEA).