|Nombre:||Law No. 15 of 2008 amending Law No. 5 of 1995 concerning the Labour Code.|
|Tema(s):||Protección de la maternidad; Horas de trabajo, descanso semanal y vacaciones pagadas|
|Tipo de legislación:||Ley|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliografía:||Legislation on-line in Arabic Eastlaws Database, Cairo, Egypt (Consultado el 2013-06-27)
|Resumen/cita:||Article (1): Amends Article (45) and Article (47) of Law No. 5 of 1995 concerning the Labour Code as follows:
Article (45) is amended as follows:
1." A pregnant worker shall have the right to maternity leave with full pay for 70 days.
2. A pregnant women shall not, under any circumstances, be employed during her maternity leave.
3. The pregnant working woman shall be granted a further 20 days leave, in addition to the days mentioned in paragraph (1), in the following cases:
(a) If her labor (delivery) was difficult, as certified by a medical certificate;
(b) If she gives birth to twins.
4. The working woman shall never be dismissed from her job during her maternity leave".
Article (47) is amended as follows:
"An employer who employs women shall post in a visible place at the workplace the regulations governing the employment of women, and allocate for them a place for leisure time and praying".
Additional paragraphs have been added to Article (47) and provide as follows:
"The employers shall protect the pregnant working woman from any risks that may harm her health or her pregnancy, and grant her the right to have any treatment or compensation.
The risks that the employer must protect the pregnant working woman from, include for example the following hazards:
1. Hazards from Devices or Harmful Radiation.
2. Hazards from Vibration and Noise.
3. Hazards from Air Pressure".
An additional paragraph has been added to Article (48) provides as follows:
"Employees are entitled to a one month marriage leave with full pay; the leave shall not be deducted from the normal leave days, provided that this is their first marriage".