|Name:||Merchant Shipping (Maritime Labour Convention) Act 2014 (No. 6 of 2014).|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Singapore Statutes On-line as amended Attorney General's Chambers, Singapore PDF of Act as consolidated to 18/1/2017 (consulted on 2020-06-10)
|Abstract/Citation:||This Act, in addition to the below listed Acts, gives effect to the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006. It amends laws in order to bring them into conformity with the MLC.
1. Sections 47 to 51, 70 and 71 of the Merchant Shipping Act (Cap. 179);
2. Merchant Shipping (Training, Certification and Manning) Regulations (Cap. 179, Rg 1);
3. Merchant Shipping (Provisions and Water) Regulations (Cap. 179, Rg 24);
4. Merchant Shipping (Crew Accommodation) Regulations (Cap. 179, Rg 29);
5. Work Injury Compensation Act (Cap. 354).