|Original name:||Forskrift (No 1523 av 2011) om kvalifikasjoner og sertifikater for sj°folk.|
|Name:||Ordinance (Nr. 1523 of 2011) concerning qualifications and certificates for seafarers.|
|Subject(s):||Seafarers - Certification of qualifications and identity documents|
|Type of legislation:||Regulation, Decree, Ordinance|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Ordinance online in Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry, Norsk Lovtidend, www.lovdata.no, Norway, 171 pp. PDF in Norwegian (DOC.NORMES) (consulted on 2013-10-14)
|Abstract/Citation:||Contains 96 articles and 11 chapters including, inter alia:
Chapter 1: General provisions (article 1-4).
Chapter 2: Training, education and seagoing service (article 5-16).
Chapter 3: Applications, validity, obligation to preserve and recall (article 17-21).
Chapter 4: Certificate requirements deck department (article 22-35).
Chapter 5: Certificate requirements machine department (article 36-45).
Chapter 6: Additional requirements related to radio, emergency response, safety and rescue tasks, first aid, other medical tasks and ship's cook (article 46-53).
Chapter 7: Additional requirements for seafarers on mobile units, passenger ships, tankers, high speed vessels and certain other ships (article 54-75).
Chapter 8: Qualification requirements for certain tasks without a certificate requirements (article 76-82).
Chapter 9: Recognition of foreign education and certificate (article 83-87).
Chapter 10: Exceptions (article 88-91).
Chapter 11: Concluding provisions (article 92-96).
Amends various regulations in the following acts:
- Ship Safety and Security Act (No. 9 of 2007).
- Act (No. 47 of 1998) on leisure boats and vessels.
- Ordinance (No. 171 of 2007) on the delegation of authority to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Defence by the Maritime Safety Act and the designation of the supervisory authority.
- Ordinance (No. 590 of 2007) on the delegation of authority to the Maritime Directorate pursuant to the Ship Safety and Security Act (No. 9 of 2007).
- Ordinance (No. 591 of 2007) on the delegation of authority to the Maritime Directorate pursuant to Act (No. 47 of 1998) on leisure boats and vessels.