|Name:||Protection of Witnesses Act 2013, Act 4 of 2013.|
|Subject(s):||Criminal and penal law|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Legislation on-line Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica PDF (consulted on 2013-07-26)
|Abstract/Citation:||PART I - PRELIMINARY
1. Short title.
PART II - WITNESS ANONYMITY
4. Abolition of common law rules.
5. Measures for witness anonymity order.
6. Application for witness anonymity order.
7. Conditions for making witness anonymity order.
8. Relevant considerations.
9. Discharge or variation of order.
10. Warning to jury about witness anonymity order.
11. Privacy as to precise address of witness.
PART III - SPECIAL MEASURES
12. Witness eligible for assistance on grounds of fear or distress about testifying.
13. Special measures direction relating to eligible witness.
14. Effect of special measures direction.
15. Discharge or variation of special measures direction.
16. Evidence by live link.
17. Evidence in private.
18. Video recorded evidence.
19. Video recorded cross-examination or re-examination.
20. Examination of witness through intermediary.
21. Aids to communication.
22. Status of evidence.
23. Warning to jury on special measures direction.
24. Direction prohibiting accused from cross-examining particular witness.
25. Defence representation for purpose of cross examination.
26. Warning to jury on prohibition from cross-examining witness.